Sunday, November 23, 2008

Strange Phenomena

Everywhere I go, I am already seeing Christmas trees and hearing Christmas music - and it's not just in my local big box store.

Co-workers are humming "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and on the drive home from work, I am actually seeing Christmas trees in living
room windows and houses all lit up with lights.

My goodness!

I WAS starting to fill a tad guilty like I was denying my family the beauty of Christmas - that was until I looked at the calendar. It's November 23rd folks, Thanksgiving has not come and gone yet.



Wasn't that how it used to be? The early birds would decorate their tree on Thanksgiving. My tree goes up about five or six days before Christmas

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Christmas but the only time I love the tree is the minute I am done decorating it. After that, every time I walk by the tree in my home, I am mentally cursing its existence and counting down the days until I can take it down. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but that tree comes down right after the last present is opened on Christmas morning. Honest.To.God.


First of all, we have an artificial tree. I have two reasons, I hate to cut down a living tree just to spend it's dying days in my living room, dropping needles EVERYWHERE and two, fresh cut trees are so expensive!

Two years ago, I bought a $220 artificial Christmas tree from Target marked down to $32! I bought it on Christmas eve and packed it away for the next year.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the thought of Christmas but I don't like the idea of a huge bush in our living room.

I feel like such an Ebenezer Scrooge. Maybe I'll capitulate this year and put it up BEFORE December 18th!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Ang--I love the tree story--I would like a fake tree too, but my brother has a tree farm and that would not set well with him....hey pop over to my blog--I have an award for you!!