Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who DON'T Wait!

While begrudging ironing our Christmas stockings this morning, I felt something inside. I thought it was a year-old candy cane. Imagine my sheer delight, when I found an unopened Target gift card inside!!


I just called their automated line to check the balance and it was for $100! I'm surprised that I was that generous last year. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for my kids, our stockings don't have their names on them. Our four stockings spell out "Noel" and I'm betting that no one remembers their letter from last year.

Well, to be honest, no one is going to have the opportunity to remember the letter on their stocking from last year. Like my 12 year-old used to say when she was a toddler, "finders keepers, losers sweepers!"

Let me extol the virtues of getting ready for Christmas! Well, if I really was enjoying myself, would I find the need to take pictures and post about unused gift cards??

More on that later....

No comments: