Sunday, July 27, 2008

Movies Reviews on a Treadmill!

Lately, I've been walking on my treadmill. Concern over an ever- expanding waist line and pre-diabetic test results have compelled me to do something.

I've been watching movies while on the treadmill. Tonight's movie "To Sir with Love". I LOVE Sidney Poitier! Not only in this movie but in "A Raisin in the Sun", "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and "A Patch of Blue".

I was merely a babe when these movies originally came out but I can't help but wonder, at the time, how middle America accepted this fine actor who just happened to be of African-American descent. We all know what was going on in the 50's and 60's with respect to the treatment of African-Americans.

While those were defined as "simpler" times, most folks now realize that there is just one race - the Human Race. In spite of all of the things going on in the world today, there is no other time era that I would rather live.

No comments: