Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tales from The Mad Shopper!


or “Tales from the Mad Shopper”


I'm ashamed to admit it but I just spent a little over $220 on the decorative pillows shown above. The first pillow is from Bella Notte (www.laylagrace.com) and the wedge pillow is from Room Service Home (www.roomservicehome.com)

Every few weeks, I visit Cottage Chic’s website to drool over their display beds. For the bed pictured below, the cost for all bedding is “only” $2,439.00

Technically, I “could” afford it but at $2,439.00 (bed not included!), we would have to learn to live without such extravagances as food and electricity for a few months. So until I win the lottery or until a money tree springs up in my front yard, I can only afford the pillows.

I just bought the most beautiful hand-painted candles ($10 for the set) from one of my very favorite sellers, Covenant Lights (www.covenantlights.com). In my opinion, she doesn’t charge enough for these beauties but who am I to argue? These are going to look so wonderful in the candleholders that I just had my hubby repaint.

Going further, I am contemplating the purchase of this rug:

At $69 (www.sears.com) for a 20” x 30”, it’s reasonably priced, no? Now don’t you all go out and order it. I don’t want it to be out of stock again, should the urge to splurge hit me in the near future.

My last purchase I'd like to mention comes from one of my favorite brick and mortar (and online) vendors, La Bouquetiere (www.labouquetiere.com). The owner, Mario is very affable and has a nose for wonderful frangrances. I picked up a few packages of his Embrasse Moi French Laundry Powder:

As well as a gift basket for my boss' wife's birthday. After using Mario's terrific products, she's sure to put in a good word for me!

Until the next time, Adios Amigos!

No comments: