Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Wanna Hear You Squeal Like a Pig

Do you ever just SEE something and you have to have it? Whether it’s a donut or a candle or even a frosty milkshake?

Well today I happened to be on Etsy. For those of you not familiar with Etsy, it is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade. Our custom engraved garden rocks are on Etsy. We sell under: Fioresi Designs.

Anyhoo, I came across the cutest little clothes for this little pig doll. It was not the clothes that I was really interested but it was this little piggy:


The clothes were sweet but I needed to have this little piggy! OK, technically, I did not NEED her but I could not see myself NOT having her.

After scouring the internet, I was lucky enough to find the seller of these dolls. The artist, Charles Stepan in conjunction with a sculptor known as “RainMan” (go ahead and laugh---I did!) make these gorgeous little piggies.

The little pig pictured above was released in limited edition of only 100 sold for nearly $300!

I can be quite the spendy fool but these little piggies are approximately 5” tall (14 cm). That’s 58 dollars per inch! Cute but I like my “dust collectors” to be a little more affordable. So I went with her less expensive counterpart:


Doesn't she just exude "sassiness"?

I did take a look at the one below:

but all I could think of was:

LOL! Did you think that too?


Now, I want to end this post but can't come up with a funny conclusion. Darn!

No comments: