Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Have You Seen My Mojo?

Since the purchase of my new Singer sewing machine this past spring, I’ve have barely had time to use it. It’s a very nice sturdy, machine. It sews even stitches and runs and sounds strong. It sits on my dining room table 24/7. It has dinner with the family every night and breakfast every morning. All the while sitting very patiently to be “turned on” (and I don’t mean that in a weird sewing machine-fetish sort of way.)

Problem is, I’ve lost my desire to sew. I’ve been collecting fabric, trims, laces by the yards with plans to sew my little heart out. Well evidently, after sewing one apron, my heart’s all sewed out. To be honest, I think it’s the sheer frustration of expecting something to be perfect and then finding out that it doesn’t quite meet MY standards – which are ridiculously high (it’s the dratted Virgo perfectionist “thing”).

Rather than let my machine sit and collect dust, I’ve decided to become proactive and signed up for some sewing courses. I’m hoping these two courses will help me to re-find my “mojo”. Who am I kidding? I’m hoping that I can FINISH the courses. I am lacking in the “stick-to-it-tive-ness department!


No comments: