Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Ahead! Fall Back!

At 2 a.m. tomorrow morning, the West Coast will officially gain another hour or so of daylight. I'm not sure why we change back and forth. As a child, I was told that it was so farmers could have extra daylight to tend to their fields. Dark or light, I have no fields to tend to but I do appreciate the extra daylight.

Aside from having an extra hour of daylight, there's one more miracle that Daylight Savings Time brings - the clock in my car will be accurate! It's been about an hour slow (or is it fast?) for the last 4 1/2 months. When I purchased my car, the "system" (that's new school for "radio") had been upgraded yet they forgot to include the manual!

I've pushed every button; every combination of buttons. I've pushed buttons while it the radio was on, pushed more buttons while it was off - no dice! Daylight Savings Time seems to be my only solution. So until that dreaded day early morning in November when we go back to Standard time, the clock in my car will be right!

All is good!

No comments: